Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Twilight Camp

Swaps! What more can I say. I think it was Brett's favorite part. He made "rudolph buddies" with scout hats to exchange with other kids to pin on his hat. It was great fun! He also swore he would not do archery or bb guns and he did both and was surprisingly good (I was told he got closer to the bullseye than anyone). He got to do lots of experiments and he even built a battery powered motor that would spin a wire. The only not so fun thing was the tornado that nearly tore through Allen (fortunately it was just south of us) but they had to evacuate the camp and I sent Greg to go retrieve him and his friend while I hid out in the closet. All was safe in the end.
Photobucket
My favorite part was seeing that smile on his face when he got home. Also, sulfur powder worked wonders. No chigger bites at all.
Photobucket

No comments: