Saturday, July 18, 2009

Funny Things Said

I am totally behind and have tons of pictures I want to post from our trip to Utah but first...some funny things from my children.
Greg's cousin Tasha and Ryan have been doing an internship here in Dallas so we invited them on the boat last week. They were both new to wakeboarding so it took some work to get each of them up. Even though Ryan was giving a valiant effort to get up, I heard Alex say, "He is sooo lame!" I laughed out loud (then coughed) and explained that isn't a nice thing to say. The little stinker. We got Tasha up and then Ryan gave another effort and got up too. I have to brag a little bit...we are such good teachers. hee hee
On Sunday of last week, Logan and Brett both had the family spotlight. Logan was standing in front of the primary and the conductor was asking about his family and this is what he said... He pointed to each of us on the picture, "That is Lindsay, Greg, Brett, Alex, me, and Abby." When they asked what he likes to do with our family he said he likes to play with mommy, he likes to play with daddy, he likes to play with Brett, he likes to play with Alex, and he likes to play with Abby. (so original, I guess I should have prepped him with some answers) Then he proceeded to tell everyone that he keeps us safe from Satan. The problem was nobody could understand exactly what he was saying...so of course I had to interpret for them from the back of the room. It's not everyday that you have to announce to the world that your 4 year old son keeps you safe from Satan.
Last of all, Abby had her 9 month appointment and as we were leaving she was giving her snigger smile to everyone. (Her snigger smile is her latest and greatest smile. She smiles really hard and squints her nose up) It is actually kind of ugly but pretty funny, I will try to capture it on photo. Sometimes there is even a little snorting with it. Anyway, she was charming the nurses and office staff and one of the nurses asked if they could keep her and Brett pipes up, "No way, she is way too cute!" So sweet. He also likes to ask me why she is so much cuter without her binky in her mouth...Because we can see her nontoothy grin!

1 comment:

Courtney Brasher said...

We need more stories like this! Sorry I missed all their odd quotes like the one Brett said to Courtney at the family reunion.

Chris