Thursday, February 5, 2009

Funny Story

So we are having playgroup at my house today and we have a very full house. I am watching a Sumer's son because she is trying to pack to move and then Teri calls because she is watching Jana's Logan but her daughter is home sick and wondered if Sam and Logan could come over to play. I think the more the merrier and my Logan has been dying to have Sam over. So, anyway, we hav a full house. So an hour or so later Jana's Logan comes up to me with big tears rolling down his cheeks. My first thought is that he and Sam got into a fight (Teri warned me they had been fighting with each other and would have to go home) instead he confesses to me that he swallowed a toy. Now, in preparation for playgroup I had put all k'nex and legos pieces up and vaccummed so nothing small would be out. I asked him first if he was still choking or if it had already gone down. Then I asked him what he swallowed and he couldn't think of it. I remembered seeing them all playing Operation in the boys room and asked if he had swallowed a piece of the game. He said yes. Then I asked him how it got in his mouth and he gave me the best answer ever..."I don't know." I went to go check on everything and asked him what piece he swallowed and of course he swallowed the ice cream cone becasue that had to be the best tasting one right? In the end I think he was more scared about swallowing it than anything and I told him it would be okay because he would just poop it out. He was much relieved because after all plastic ice cream cones just don't taste that good. :)

2 comments:

Courtney Brasher said...

That is one of the cutest stories I have heard in a long time :)

Mindy said...

Hey-
Thanks for the ribbon link and the email about the temple. It was a great day! Second only to our wedding!

Thanks for adding my button too-glad I could match your blog perfectly! LOL.

As for the heart to heart stuff...please feel free to pass along. I have their button on my hair blog, and I am adding their blog address to my link list today. I will also be posting a HUGE adoption post on Monday or Tuesday. It answers a lot of the most common questions asked. So watch for that...it might help her.

You can get to H2H at www.hearttoheartadoptions.net

let me know if you have more questions or need more info..

Mindy
www.cutegirlshairstyles.blogspot.com