Tuesday, February 3, 2009

25 random things by Greg and Lindsay

We have become avid Facebookers and it has been fun to reconnect with long lost friends and kind of have an insight into what is going on in their lives. One of the fun things going around is 25 Random Things list. I got a real good kick out of Greg's but it has to be prefaced with mine first.
1. I don't generally like rereading books but the only books that I can successfully enjoy rereading are Twilight series and Harry Potter series.
2. For some reason blond women seem to intimidate me more. I know it is stereotypical and every blond person I know is really nice but I am nervous to talk to them when I first meet them. I know it is weird and not so much a problem now but still weird.
3. I have a secret obsession with Katie Holmes. I just like her and think she is an interesting person not because of the Tom Cruise stuff.
4. There are three things that make me laugh more than anything. First, weekend update on Saturday night live especially Seth...his faces are priceless and I loved all the Sarah Pallin stuff. Second, Presidential speeches on David Letterman. Bush was pricelessly inarticulate. Third, The Office. My favorite is Jim and when he put Dwight's stapler in jello. Greg had just had his nasal septum surgery and we were practically crying and he hurt so bad.
5. I have ruined two cell phones with the most unlikely culprits. I dropped one in the toilet (wasn't talking on it at the moment) and my son's saliva ruined the second.
6. I have never been in a true car accident that I can remember.
7. In highschool I could do more jumping pushups than our Student Body President.
8. I have know Greg since I was 14. He told me I had a crooked nose although I totally deny it. He also said that I secretly always wanted him when we weren't dating.
9. Lasik surgery is the best invention ever and my best investment ever.
10. My parents and in laws live down the street. My philosophy is less is more unless we are talking about how many miles to live away from everybody. I love them all but in small doses. 11. I have had three of my four children natural and would do it that way again if I was having any more. I had to join the women with epidurals with my last girl because 35 hours of labor is too long for any woman.
12. I have actually performed CPR on a person--not the mouth to mouth part since it has always been in the hospital. Lucky me huh?
13. I have actually fainted at work. I had to have an x-ray and EKG to confirm I was okay. I was holding pressure on a patient's femoral artery and slowed my breathing so much I passed out. The funny thing was a month later in the same hospital my patient warned me to be careful when I was doing the same procedure because her last nurse had fainted on her...it was me.
14. If my husband even looks at me wrong I get pregnant. I have to preface that with no pregnancies thus far have been unplanned. Is that TMI? They call me Fertile Myrtle.
15. When I was a senior in high school the principle had a private stash of cashews in his desk that he let me sneak from whenever I wanted.
16. I lived in Jerusalem for 2 months before I was married. At the same time I had some of the strangest health issues ever. They thought I had mono but it ended up being a really bad case of Bronchitis (had to treat twice with antibiotics), my ears didn't unpop fromt he plane ride for nearly the entire 2 months, and last, I got worms/bugs in my eye at Galilee and had to pick them out by hand and sleep with vaseline in my eye. I thought I was going to go blind.
17. I wanted to be Miss America when I was little along with Princess Diana and Miss USA. The funny thing was I was never very girly and never did any pageants.
18. I absolutely hate white chocolate unless it is drizzled over popcorn.
19. My mom wanted to learn how to play the harp when she was a kid so she signed me up when I was in 7th grade. I miss it now because 4 kids doesn't really lend to practicing.
20. My one regret in college was not staying on the Ballroom dance company. I think with marriage, nursing school, and working 30 hours a week I decided to let it go and I wish now I hadn't. I loved competing and performing. I finally found a style of dance I was really confident with.
21. I am a big fan of lia sophia jewelry, potterybarn, crate & Barrel, and Banana Republic.
22. I love my kids but I love having them in school. They need to be sooooo busy and school really keeps them active. My favorite things to do while they are in school are shopping, scrapbooking, sewing, hanging out with the best friends in the world, and shopping. (Did I say that twice? I think I am a shopaholic)
23. I have the best friends in the world.
24. I went a different school for 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th grade. And another new school in 10th. Junior high was awful needless to say.
25. I got shot in the chest in a drive by when I was in high school. Fortunately it was only a paint ball but it was dark and I thought I was dying.

Since I posted I thought up more things like having 12 teeth pulled, never have had any wisdom teeth, Favorite reality show is Bachelor and So You Think You Can Dance, first job was a hostess at Desert Star Playhouse, worked at the Canon Center Cafeteria adn Taco Bell at the Cougar eat for 1 month, remembered I have been in a car accident, lost our all Hawaiian Anniversary pictures on our camera, before college I was on two different modern dance company teams but didn't actually make it when I tried out, the teacher invited me to join after tryouts.

Here are Greg's 25 things...He said I wasn't allowed to edit them but I figure it is my blog an if you want the whole version you can visit him on facebook. :)
1. I fractured my skull when I was 6 (I know…explains a lot).
2. I split my head open when I was 8 (yeah, yeah….explains a little more).
3. People tell me I got a concussion when I was 16…can’t really remember though.
4. I’ve had surgery on my big toes 6 times…one still looks normal…the other…not so much.
5. My best friend from high school is still my best friend. But I live in Texas, and his wife and I can’t seem to convince him to move the hell out of Utah County.
6. I set my best friend up on a blind date with the girl he eventually married.
7. I have two cars that together, total almost 1,000 horsepower.
8. I’m a one-trick-pony on a wakeboard. The only trick I can land is a back roll.
9. I'm not as anti-George-dubya-Bush as most, however, the thing I'll miss most from his administration is the “Great Moments in Presidential Speeches” bit on Letterman.
10. My wife says she gets pregnant when I look at her. Now that we’ve reached our limit of 4 kids, I haven’t looked at her in over a year.
11. I’m Logan’s favorite parent.
12. I was dis-owned during the summer of ’95 when I decided to go to BYU over Yale…oops.
13. My father spent my college fund on a Mercedes several years after I was disowned…you’re welcome Dad.
14. I hate work…but like my job.
15. My favorite movie is Remember the Titans.
16. My brother calls me buttplug on facebook.
17. My mother is not allowed to converse with me on facebook, but I tagged her anyway. This does not change that rule Mom.
18. I lost 25 pounds last year.
19. I gained 10 pounds this year.
20. My wife hates guns…but she is licensed to carry…it’s a Texas thing…yeeeee haaaah.
21. I’m not obsessed with Katie Holmes.
22. I like Avril Lavigne…shhhhh (but that’s the only Angry-Girl-Music I listen to).
23. I’ve raised Lindsay since she was 13.
24. I…errr…Brett won his very first Pinewood Derby this year.
25. I got my kids a 70 mph remote control car for me this past Christmas.

I told Greg he ought to have added his favorite reality show was So You Think You Can Dance.

No comments: