Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Amazing Jake's

A new place called Amazing Jake's opened in the mall last May or so. It is an indoor arcade with all you can eat pizza buffet, games, rides, laser tag, rock climbing, go cart, bumper cars, and mini golf. Reminds me of the 49th Street Galleria except that everything is included with a birthday and you get fed too. I promised Brett because it was a special birthday i.e. turning 8 I would let him do a birthday party there. I sneakily decided to do it over Christmas vacation so that I would not have as many people to watch over (and pay for...yes, I am selfish and actually wanted to hit the lower limit of required guests). Funny thing was for all my selfishness, I was still inviting people the morning of the party because nobody could come. It turned into a half Alex birthday party and half Brett which was fine because we all had a fun time. It also helped that I could have Greg there to help with kids. It was great! we had unlimited access to food and rides all day. Most kids left after 3 hours but Greg and I stayed with the boys and rode the go-carts. We were there for 5 1/2 hours. Needless to say we were exhausted.
Photobucket
Here is my second attempt at a race car fondant cake. I think this one turned out more like a race car than the truck one for Alex. I seriously want to take some classes. I have discovered I like baking more than cooking.
Photobucket

No comments: