Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Potty Training

When we got home I got right onto potty-training Abby. The first three days were awful. She is a camel and could hold it forever! I could only catch her to go on the potty like 4 times a day and most of them were a miss. On Easter the diaper went back on because I was too busy and the next day, I thought I would give it one more try. I left her alone and a few hours later she came to me and said, "I go pee pee." My first thought was where is the mess? To my surprise, her little potty had pee in it. From then on, I stopped asking when she needed to go and she just did it herself...poop too. The hardest trick for her was figuring out the underpants. I kept trying to get her to say No way when I asked if she pees in underwear and she just kept saying yes. {sigh} Finally, I ran errands on a Saturday about a 9 days after starting and told her if she kept her underwear dry I would give her a prize. She promptly said Okay and 4 caprisun and 6 potty trips to the car later she stayed dry the whole time. Smart little stinker! She still continues to get Happy Pee Pee song song everytime she goes along with blowing out a candle and then money for her M&M gumball machine. Happy days!
(side note...last night she slept in underwear and stayed dry all night)
Too bad I still have 1 1/2 boxes of diapers unopened. Oh well, it was worth it.

No comments: