Monday, February 21, 2011
Father of the Year
I have to honestly admit I am being sarcastic. I was at Walmart last week and saw something quite extraordinary. A rather tall man, I would wager at least 6 feet and bulky had his cute little 2 year old son on his shoulders. As I watched the greeter at the door tel them thank you for shopping with Walmart, I wondered why on earth she hadn't said something about the small doorways. To my horror the father did not consider his frame verses the door frame. Considering I am a small person of only 5 foot 4 inches, I still duck any time I have a small child on my shoulders no matter the size of the door. I could not even fathom how this could be the "first" time his child was on his shoulders and how he could consider himself to be short enough with an extra 2 feet on his shoulders to fit through any size doorway. As he got closer, I yelled out, "Stop, You're not going to make it!" Fortunately, he did stop right as he wacked his child into the top of the door. I guess it helped he didn't have all the momentum going and his son had ducked to the side so it lessened the impact. Anybody else been witness to parent's of the year?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
how sad!!!!!I could so see chris doing something like this:). just kidding hon!
Post a Comment