I was absolutely convinced that my mom was not coming for the baby shower. The ironic thing was I had commented to Greg a month earlier that it wouldn't surprise me if my mom surprised me at the baby shower. My next thought was "Well, now it wouldn't be a surprise." So, the planning began. My mom said she had to stay home to finish the kitchen remodel before the baby came and Ashlee told me that she had tried to get my mom and Courtney to come when she was visiting back in September but they couldn't with Erin's wedding and other things between now and then. So, I walked into the Rene's house and was just chatting away not realizing that my mom was standing behind me and the door. I can't even believe my reaction.

The quilt was a gift from my mom of all my baby clothes. My Aunt Cindy designed and created it with her new company
http://www.storybookquilts.com/. Everybody check it out, she does beautiful work. I have the quilt hanging in Abby's room. The other special gift was my mother passed on my blessing dress so that I can use it for Abby's blessing. That was the second time I cried that evening.

I was so excited to have a cake designed and produced by Ashlee. Isn't she creative! Everybody was thoroughly impressed and it was fun to show off what a great family I have.
3 comments:
Looks like a fun and special shower! Wow, I can't believe how much your mom looks like you!
so much fun! I really wish i could have made it out there:( And I love the pic of you and your mom when you first saw her. Priceless. I know I would have reacted to same way:)
Looks like fun! I'm glad your Mom got there! Post some pics of Abby, other wise we won't see her till she's like 1. :)
Love ya
The other Pedersens
Post a Comment