Thursday, October 13, 2011

First Trip to Utah-First Week

Warning this will probably be massive.
I don't know about Greg but this was a great trip for the kids and me. Greg golfed everyday so I guess he was happy but I got to see some good friends.
I spent an entire day with Liz and her family when my kids were at Lagoon. We hung out at her cute new house and played in the park in her backyard. Oh how I have missed my Texas friends. I realized I was a little jealous because she's going to get everybody visiting her.
Photobucket
Thanks to Chase for the up close picture.
Photobucket
Day 2- I got a much needed hair cut. I am desperately missing Charles and as you can see from the length of my hair I hadn't cut it since we moved.
Photobucket
Day ??-I planned a quick McDonalds lunch with all of our high school friends. I am so lame and didn't get any pictures of us or the kids. I was just so excited to see everybody. Mindy, Lana, and Carrie came. The added bonus was the free face painting.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Next up was a barbeque with my Dad's side of the family. We had a great time visiting with everyone and cousin Jonathon kept all the kids entertained with his many impressions. He has some fantastic Russian, German, English, and Australian accents.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Day ???-We also celebrated Father's Day with my mom's side of the family. Grandma, Grandpa and Great Aunt Lue Ann were all there.
Photobucket
Photobucket
We made a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting for Grandpa and then realized we hadn't made my dad's favorite dessert so my mom and I whipped up a pecan pie from scratch. It was quite the adventure trying to keep it a secret when my dad was getting mad at us for putting butter in with the ice when we were trying to fit the pie crust in the freezer.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: