Friday, April 1, 2011

Thrift Store Tray Makeover

I found this awful tray at Goodwill and thought I could do a rehab with some paint, modgepodge, and scrapbook paper. It was pretty easy except for the part about spray painting outside on the dead grass in the middle of windy season. I spent a lot of time peeling grass off my projects. :) If I had to do over again, I would have used a spray paint primer instead of a brush...smoother finish.
Before
Photobucket
Middle
Photobucket
And After
Photobucket
Photobucket

At the same time I took an old spoon collectibles holder and gave it a face lift too. Not bad for $2 plus paint.
Before (well before paint but after I attacked it with sandpaper)
Photobucket
Middle
Photobucket
And After
Photobucket
Now I just have to decide what color to paint the room so it actually stands out a little. Not loving the white on white but that will be the last room to be painted. *sigh*

I also had these two poster prints of Monets Water Lillies that I had since I went to Giverney in college. I have always wanted to use them but could never find the right size frames. I finally found some at Michaels. They were black and didn't work with the prints so we added some spray paint there too. :)
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: