Friday, April 29, 2011

Help Me Mandi, Help Help Me Mandi (rockin' to the Help Me Rhonda song by the Beach Boys in my head)

Okay, I'd like to say we just moved into our house but "Just Moved In" would actually have been almost a year ago.

I have been very slowly decorating, adding furniture, and painting our house. With 4 kids at home there isn't much time to get everything done that I would like which is why I come to this room.

This is our 3rd floor suite.
Photobucket

We have designated this to be our guest room/craft room. We now live in North Carolina which is quite the trip from our friends in Dallas and an even larger trip from our family in Utah. Our house can get crazy loud with 3 boistrous boys and 1 crazy two year old girl so we need a room where visitors can escape.

This is where Vintage Revivals comes in. She is doing an incredible give away. She is going to come to my house (heaven willing :)) and make it over.



I need help!

As you can see from the next few successive pictures it has become my catchall for the leftover furniture and and now our yard furniture that we haven't assembled yet. Everything is up for a makeover.

Photobucket

The bedding was coordinated with my daughter's room (I made the duvet out of a set of curtains and the pillows out of a valence and the front and back of a larger pillow) in our last house so that can be redone, the bed actually has a really cool canopy attachment I haven't used since childhood. Wouldn't that be fun to use again?

There is a desk with two book cases, the tv cabinet,
a side table (look at those legs...beautiful!)
Photobucket
and don't forget....
Photobucket

The Drums! Doesn't everybody need a set of drums in their oasis?

Photobucket
My only attempts at decorating have been to hang my madeover spoon rack and two pictures in the bathroom. I would love to pull this room and the bathroom together to make it feel like a beautiful fun vintage/modern space.

I have already picked out everything else for my house and I know the feel I want, I just haven't been motivated to pull it together upstairs on the 3rd floor.

I need help!

Here is a peak at the bathroom. It is cute and quaint and pretty bare.
Photobucket

Now if Mandi from Vintage Revivals wants a big challenge, I would love if she could find a way to make a creative storage solution for food storage or shelving. We don't have basements and everything is creatively hidden under beds. Yikes!

Last of All, as a gift from me, I will gladly lower the temperature of my humid 3rd floor for any guests especially if their name starts with M and ends in Andi.

Photobucket




No comments: