After last years first place win the pressure has been on to do as well this year at the pinewood derby. Brett went through several ideas for his car and really wanted to do something original and creative...not just a car. We teased that we could race a block of wood but that didn't work for him. His favorite idea related to a little bit of potty humor and something brown. I told him that was not something appropriate for a cub scout to make. He finally decided on building an eraser. Greg cut it out for him and he painted it and added Logo stickers. I thought it turned out really cute and it even raced well. He ended up taking 3rd place. Two of the final heats were really close but one we got a late start...probably wasn't on the track straight. Anyway, he was really proud of his medal and his cool car. We even raced it backwards but will never know if it was faster forwards. I am not sure if we are looking forward to making 2 cars next year.
I am a mom of 3 crazy boys and 1 determined little girl. I craft, clean, blog, and shop by day and work at the hospital by night. I am a craft genius. Well, actually, I'm not but I wish I was. I love my friendships but most of all I love my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment