Monday, January 18, 2010

15 months

These are some of my favorite things about Abby right now. She just had her 15 month appointment which followed very closely to her getting two flu shots and two H1N1 shots this year. The poor girl. The minute we walked into the room and saw the table she started screaming and only calmed down when everyone left the room.
She is offically 19 pounds 6 ounces...the doctor said the new recommendation is to keep them backwards till 2 now! I laughed and he kind of chuckled and said it isn't law but it is the recommendation. Ya, we'll see if that happens.
Lately Abby has taken to walking around pretending she is a ghost. I don't know why she likes to walk the house with her pink blankie over her head...she sure doesn't like it when she runs into the walls.
Her first word last week--real word--was "All Gone". She says it whenever she is done eating and does the sign language with it too. She also does Mmm for cow sounds and spits very effectively too. She also says something like "dis or this". Her favorite thing is to steal Logan's glasses. She picks them right off his face while he is playing and takes off. Her grin is hilarious because she knows she is in trouble and she is quick.
She has also accomplished climbing up onto the couch. Makes for some interesting games trying to teach her to sit instead of standing and jumping. She is quite good at bouncing herself right off. I am just envisioning how much fun I am going to have soon teaching her stairs. Yuck!
Abby is a drooler and it is very funny to look in her mouth. Her front two teeth aren't exactly close...maybe they will close up the gap when they are all the way in and she has other teeth but she just has the four in front and then two molars in back. I find myself wondering where the rest of them are?
Abby also loves lookin at books. My first child who actually enjoys it. It is actually really fun and keeps her entertained for hours as long as she has my lap to sit on.

And finally....I have gained the willpower and given up the binky! We are on day 3 and it has not made a reappearance (I hope I found all the lost ones. :).) She has been pretty good, a little crying but has slept through the night well. She did give herself a heat rash the first day crying so hard but I think she learned her lesson. Today for naps, she actually cried for a minute then realized...Hey I can just play in here and then she finally drifted off. It takes all my willpower to not go in there and check on her but I know it will wake her so I stay out.

No comments: