In honor of Abby being my last baby I went all out to celebrate her birthday. We had a big party invited all of her (*cough* my) friends. We had about 17 kids plus mom's. I copied my cousin Alyssa's polka dot themed party but everything was pink, green, and white...like Abby's room.
I made the invitations...I think they turned out really cute.
(need to take a picture first)
I had polka dots on the door and walls and pink and green balloons scattered all over the house.
We started with making fruit loop necklaces and then went for the old school games...pin the polka dot on the lady bug, hot polka dot, and musical polka dots (we didn't play this last one cuz honestly it was a little crazy inside the house).





For dinner we had an assortment of tasty polka dot treats...(all in shades of pink, green, or white and circles of course.)
For the kids we had cucumbers, kiwi, green and purple grapes, hotdogs, ritz crackers, mozzerella cheese circles, Tostitos circle chips with guacamole, and sprite with limes.

For the adults we had cucumber sandwiches, baked brie, grape tomatoes, and mexican roll ups.



I made a three layered cake (white, chocolate and then both for Abby). I decorated it with fondant pink and green spots, ribbon, and gerber daisies. I also had cute votives covered in paper, gerber daisies in vases, and I made a chandelier of polka dots.




I almost forgot the best thing. As the take home gift I made Cake Pops with Polka dots. So yummy! They are cake mixed with frosting dipped in chocolate.

Abby loved all her new toys. She got a sturdy stroller (to help with walking), a big girl stroller (for me), Jack and Janie outfit, a purse with toys, musical phone, and a farm.

What a great day! I was so tired by the end.

I am having so much fun with Abby. She is a joy even when she is a little wiggler. She already says mama, nana (usually means banana or food). She is always hungry...I call her Little Miss Piggy. If she even sees food she will take her binky out of her mouth, throw it on the nearest surface (usually the floor) and start smaking her lips. She gives the best slobery kisses and laughs the hardest when you play This Little Piggy with her. She is very busy (usually eating) although she really likes to play legos and k'nex. I know she sounds a little young but she does like to eat them too. I have to keep the boys under lock and key when they are playing with their small toys. She is like a magnet. She always has a smile. I am kind of sad that this is it for us. She completes our family and she is such a blessing to have.

4 comments:
What a cute party! I can't believe she is one already- Happy Birthday Abby!
And... I didn't know that this was it for you guys! I'm thinking girls after lots of boys is a nice way to sign off don't you think? :) I'm feeling it.
You did a great job on the decorations. So Creative!
Linds-what a cute party! I love all the food and decorations you did! You have to go all out for those cute girls!
Post a Comment