Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Brett's Recent Activities

Every 2nd grader had to pick someone to research and write a speech as that person. Brett decided to be Michael Phelps. We had some interesting discussions about recent events about that person but it turned out great. Here is Brett's speech and his statue at the Statue Garden. "Hi, I'm Michael Phelps. I was born June 30, 1985. My nickname is the Baltimore Bullet. I won 8 Gold Medals for swimming in the Olympic Games in China. I have a foundation that teaches water safety to children." I loved that he was posed in mid swim. We even found 8 gold medals for his neck.
Photobucket
We thought of this later but we should have shaved his head for the statue garden but here is a before....
Photobucket
and after. I can hardly tell him and Alex apart when they are like this.
Photobucket
We just had Blue and Gold Banquet. We were each assigned a state to make out of cake. We got Colorado and we made a fondant cake with snow capped mountains, the state flower, and the state flag.
Photobucket
Brett loved being in the center of it with telling jokes for his skit.
Photobucket
He also received his Bobcat award. It was a crazy long night with four kids and just me.
Photobucket

No comments: