I took all three boys to the Temple for the primary activity yesterday. I was very nervous about their behavior since it would be the first time we have ever visited. It was planned to sing for the Temple Matron and then tour the grounds. I discussed the night before the plans and how we should behave at the temple. Alex was great. He understood it was Heavenly Father's house...as opposed to the church which was Jesus' house (according to him). Brett was mad because he thought it would be boring. So we left for the temple and Brett had in hand the first book of Spiderwick Chronicles (this is his first "real" book and he is trying to read it before I can even start it). He was excellent outside, mostly just reading to himself while Alex walked around holding his primary teacher's hand. When it was time to go in to the temple lobby to sing Alex's teacher gave Brett a ripped piece of paper to use as his book mark. It was such a overwhelming spirit to listen to the kids sing I love to see the Temple. I did not expect to have such an emotional response so suddenly. At the end Brett raised his hand and I panicked. All he talked about that morning was stories of Metroid the video game and what was happening in his book. I was so afraid that he was going to the temple matron the latest battle from Metroid. To my relief and utter surprise he said, "This place is amazing. When I walked in here I almost fell back." I cried for the second time in those few minutes because I knew that Brett had been touched by the spirit and he recognized that this was a special and holy place.
Here are a couple of pictures from the temple grounds. I am so excited as the kids get older to explain more about the temple and what we do. I want them to remember this experience because as Brett said, This place is amazing and it was one of the best days ever in his book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Love the new look! It's all jazzed up now! :)
What a cute story. I seriously started to tear up to what Brett had said to the Matron. It's those special little moments that make you feel proud that you're a mom. And that what you are doing with them each and every day makes an impact on them. Even though it doesn't always seem like it ;)
Post a Comment